Fall News 2009
Fall is a season of transition for the entire farm. The Stallion Barn staff is preparing to relocate to Wellington. Several young horses will be making the trip to Florida for the first time this year, starting their new lives as riding and performance horses.
The Mare Barn staff is making plans for bringing the mares and young horses inside as soon as the weather drops below 32 degrees outside. Once the stallions leave, the 2009 babies will be weaned, making use of the stallion paddocks behind the main barn where they are out of site of their mothers.
The colors around the farm are glorious, in spite of the wet weather we've had all month--a fitting send off to the end of the Michigan season.
The herd has been reduced considerably this summer, with many young horses having left for their new homes and owners, along with several older horses who made the trip to their new retirement home in Kentucky. In the past few months, two three year old colts left for Germany, one three year old gelding arrived in New York, another three year old gelding made the short trip to his new home in Kalamazoo, two mares-- three and four years respectively--just left together for their new life in beautiful Christchurch, New Zealand, and three young HGF horses are being sent with us to Wellington by their new owners. This exodus helps us make room for the 7 babies of 2009 and another 5 that we expect next year!
Its the cycle of life . . . the young babies become unruly yearlings, who then become curious two year olds, who then become trainable three year olds and eventually obedient four year olds. By the time they leave, the HGF three year olds have been trailered, shod, trained in hand in the Spanish tradition, trained on the longe in the German tradition, started under saddle and, when possible, had lessons with their new owners. The day they leave is a Graduation and we are excited to hear about their future progress.
Congratulations to Rachel Chowanec and Mouse (Embrujado) on their JR Regional Dressage Seat Championship and Second Level Reserve Championship at NEDA Region 8 Championships, their USPRE High Point Award, and also their recent JR Team Test wins. We can't wait for next year!
Congratulations to Dani Martin and Encanto. In only their second time in the show ring, they were first place in two large classes in Cordoba, Spain, winning the Prix St. George and the Inter 1 Kur and topping a field of 15 that included many excellents riders. They were also the Copa ANCCE winners for the weekend. Enhorabuena, Dani!
Finally, we send our sincerest condolences to Courtney for the loss of her dearly loved Mythilus. He was a gentleman, a hero, and an unforgettable horse.
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2010....
- Meet Mica Mabragana
- Hampton Green Farm in the News
- SICAB REPORT 2010
- Giving Thanks for a Record Sales Season at Hampton Green Farm
- Spanish National Championships and Arrival in Malaga of HGF Horses
- HGF November 2010 Schedule
- Encanto XI and Daniel Martin are Intermediare I Champions of Andalucia
- Hampton Green Farm Sponsor's New Radio Program, Dover's World Live!
- Decoroso HGF
- In Memoriam Cantora XVI, 1995-2010
- Season of Change
- Courtney Dye Visits HGF and Grandioso
- USDF Region Two Championships Results
- Join HGF in Traverse City at the Region Two Championship Freestyles Fundraiser for Dressage4Kids!
- Robert Dover Finds His FIERO at Hampton Green Farm
- The End of Summer 2010
- Hampton Green Farm's auction Wrap-Up
- The Hampton Green Farm Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale--and Benefit for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lake Shore--is Here!
- The Annual HGF Open House is Back!
- August Dates--Set Your Calendar!
- Traverse City Success Stories!
- HGF Launches Site for the Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale
- July News
- New Training Blog by Maria Lithander
- Register NOW to Join HGF in Traverse City at the Dressage by the Bay Breed Show--July 11
- HGF Summer Plans
- Summer Training Package Available
- Update to Accomplishments of HGF Offspring
- Why Buy a Young Horse from HGF?
- Wellington Show Report
- Courtney Update--March 12, 2010
- Courtney Dye suffered an accident
- Winter News Letter
- HGF Tops the National Boards at Wellington Classic Spring Challenge CDI
- Winter 2010 Horses for Sale
- Back in the Show Ring, 2010
- USPRE PRE-SHOW party 2010
- HGF 2009 - The Year in Review: Hampton Green and its PRE Horses Achieve National and International Status
- Hampton Green Farm - Lendon Gray January Clinic, Part I