HGF's Encanto XI is Reserve National Young Horse Champion in Spain
The Spanish National Young Horse Championships were held this year in Vejer Spain during the weekend of 30 Octobert-1 November. HGF's 7-year old Encanto qualified for the 7-9 Year Old Division, which is similar to the US Developing Horse Test, a modified Prix St. George. Encanto was imported to Spain from the US in the spring of 2007 to start his training with Daniel Martin of Fuengirola. The pair's first competition together was this past July, a PSG at a National Show in Estepona. Following that, they won both the PSG and I-1 contests in Cordoba, and then were third and first at another large competition in Montenmedio. The National Young Horse Championships are their fourth competition together and they made a spectacular showing among the top young horses in Spain. Encanto was the only PRE in the competition to finish in the medals, and the 7-9 year old class contained many imported warmblood horses that had extensive training and showing outside of Spain (including, incidentally, Daddy Cool--a horse that competed at PSG/I-1 last year in the Wellington CDIs by our Southfields Road neighbor and Canadian Olympian Ashley Holzer).
The weekend began with a Preliminary Qualifier test, afterwards the Young Horse Test and finally a Kur. The tests were judged by a panel of three which included international judges from Germany and the Netherlands. Dani and Encanto's scores were better each day and Dani reports that he received much encouragement from the foreign judges following the competition. The competition was won by the 9-year old Dutch horse, Tegro. Dani and Encanto's final results for the Silver Medal were:
ENCANTO XI / PRE / José Daniel Martín Dockx / Hampton Green Farm / 64,944 / 66,754 / 68,583 / 302,24
Encanto is by Spanish Olympic legend Evento, out of HGF's Cantora XVI. Cantora was purchased by HGF in 2001 along with her daughter Ibiza. The offspring from these bloodlines are very popular among HGF clients and are on the bottom side of several up and coming young horses including Martin Schaudt's Genio HGF, David Sonshine's Iliado and HGF's Conquero.
We are happy to have the tests on video and they may be viewed at:
Segundo día: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUqHoHu_tNU
Tercer día: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjPHBP6KWpM
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2010....
- Meet Mica Mabragana
- Hampton Green Farm in the News
- SICAB REPORT 2010
- Giving Thanks for a Record Sales Season at Hampton Green Farm
- Spanish National Championships and Arrival in Malaga of HGF Horses
- HGF November 2010 Schedule
- Encanto XI and Daniel Martin are Intermediare I Champions of Andalucia
- Hampton Green Farm Sponsor's New Radio Program, Dover's World Live!
- Decoroso HGF
- In Memoriam Cantora XVI, 1995-2010
- Season of Change
- Courtney Dye Visits HGF and Grandioso
- USDF Region Two Championships Results
- Join HGF in Traverse City at the Region Two Championship Freestyles Fundraiser for Dressage4Kids!
- Robert Dover Finds His FIERO at Hampton Green Farm
- The End of Summer 2010
- Hampton Green Farm's auction Wrap-Up
- The Hampton Green Farm Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale--and Benefit for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lake Shore--is Here!
- The Annual HGF Open House is Back!
- August Dates--Set Your Calendar!
- Traverse City Success Stories!
- HGF Launches Site for the Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale
- July News
- New Training Blog by Maria Lithander
- Register NOW to Join HGF in Traverse City at the Dressage by the Bay Breed Show--July 11
- HGF Summer Plans
- Summer Training Package Available
- Update to Accomplishments of HGF Offspring
- Why Buy a Young Horse from HGF?
- Wellington Show Report
- Courtney Update--March 12, 2010
- Courtney Dye suffered an accident
- Winter News Letter
- HGF Tops the National Boards at Wellington Classic Spring Challenge CDI
- Winter 2010 Horses for Sale
- Back in the Show Ring, 2010
- USPRE PRE-SHOW party 2010
- HGF 2009 - The Year in Review: Hampton Green and its PRE Horses Achieve National and International Status
- Hampton Green Farm - Lendon Gray January Clinic, Part I