Wellington 2009 Wrap-Up:
Our 2009 Florida season was one of our most successful ever. The combination of new riders and nine months of progress in the stallions’ training has resulted in a record number of wins and scores over 70% for our youngsters as well as our older horses in the program. Each of the riders set individual goals for their horses and a look back at their results reflects their success in meeting these goals. All of us on the HGF team are proud of our three riders—Maria Lithander, Ana Gilmour, and Courtney King-Dye—and their terrific horses. There can be no more question whether or not a PRE can compete with the top competition in the country—in Wellington in 2009, the PREs were the horses to beat!
We are most grateful for the time that Lendon Gray was able to give us and to her commitment to our horses and riders. She is an American Treasure and her influence can be seen in every one of our wins. We also appreciate the many sessions with Courtney and her sensitive insights and flawless example. The in-hand sessions with Juan Matute have been instructive, watching him bring out the FEI horse in our five and six year olds.
We enjoyed many visits from our friends and their support on so many levels. It was great to see Joni, Suzanne, Patrice, Fern, Susan, Gord and Michelle, Marilyn and Co., John and Kim, Brianna and Ron, our hungry friends from Café Fredo, Ana and Diego, Gustavo, the USPRE members, Pam and Heidi, Allyn, Deborah and Jeffrey, Tom and Megan, Sheri and Mary, Carol, David and Milo, Alex and Lily, Bertrand and Fred, and many more.
We had a great staff in the barn this year and our thanks go out to Amy, Bonnie, Mica and Katrina for providing for us a quiet, clean, organized barn and happy horses. We also had great Boarders next door, a group of motivated and serious dressage riders who really added to the sense of community at HGF. We were privileged to hold two schooling shows on site with O Judge Linda Zang— a super judge with a keen eye and an effective way of communicating to all riders at all levels. And last but not least, we have the best neighbors in Wellington—Bruce who is always there to keep us company on the track and keep an eye on things over the hedge; Ashley, who generously shares her ring with us anytime we ask—what a rider!; Jan, who has discovered that PREs are some of his winning-est students(!); and of course, Janne, who is on our team and with us in spirit as well as action—unless she’s competing against us on one of her Gaucho babies!
All in all, in spite of economic hard times and uncertainty, Wellington 2009 will be remembered for friendships, and the good times that hard work can bring. Thanks and congrats to all!
Training Level (Bolero and Adelante with Ana and Maria)
--16 Times in the Ribbons for 18 Classes
--7 First Placings
--5 Second Placings
--7 scores in the 70%s
Third Level (Camaron with Ana)
--10 Times in the Ribbons for 11 Classes
--5 First Placings
--1 Second Placing
--High Score: 71.6%
Fourth Level (Camaron with Ana)
--3 Times in the Ribbons for 3 Classes
--1 First Placing
--1 Second Placing
Prix St. George (Idilio and Grandioso with Maria and Courtney)
--6 Times in the Ribbons for 7 Classes (Open and CDI)
--3 First Placings
--High Score: 72.368 (Idilio)
Intermediare I (Grandioso with Courtney)
--3 Times in the Ribbons for 4 Classes
--2 First Placings (Open and CDI Freestyle)
--1 Second Placing (CDI)
--High Score: Inter I Freestyle: 72.4% (CDI)
Wellington Season 2009 Press for HGF:
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2010....
- Meet Mica Mabragana
- Hampton Green Farm in the News
- SICAB REPORT 2010
- Giving Thanks for a Record Sales Season at Hampton Green Farm
- Spanish National Championships and Arrival in Malaga of HGF Horses
- HGF November 2010 Schedule
- Encanto XI and Daniel Martin are Intermediare I Champions of Andalucia
- Hampton Green Farm Sponsor's New Radio Program, Dover's World Live!
- Decoroso HGF
- In Memoriam Cantora XVI, 1995-2010
- Season of Change
- Courtney Dye Visits HGF and Grandioso
- USDF Region Two Championships Results
- Join HGF in Traverse City at the Region Two Championship Freestyles Fundraiser for Dressage4Kids!
- Robert Dover Finds His FIERO at Hampton Green Farm
- The End of Summer 2010
- Hampton Green Farm's auction Wrap-Up
- The Hampton Green Farm Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale--and Benefit for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lake Shore--is Here!
- The Annual HGF Open House is Back!
- August Dates--Set Your Calendar!
- Traverse City Success Stories!
- HGF Launches Site for the Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale
- July News
- New Training Blog by Maria Lithander
- Register NOW to Join HGF in Traverse City at the Dressage by the Bay Breed Show--July 11
- HGF Summer Plans
- Summer Training Package Available
- Update to Accomplishments of HGF Offspring
- Why Buy a Young Horse from HGF?
- Wellington Show Report
- Courtney Update--March 12, 2010
- Courtney Dye suffered an accident
- Winter News Letter
- HGF Tops the National Boards at Wellington Classic Spring Challenge CDI
- Winter 2010 Horses for Sale
- Back in the Show Ring, 2010
- USPRE PRE-SHOW party 2010
- HGF 2009 - The Year in Review: Hampton Green and its PRE Horses Achieve National and International Status
- Hampton Green Farm - Lendon Gray January Clinic, Part I